My Ovation Speech as a High Court Judge




Ovation Speech
(October, 14, 2009)


My Lord The Chief Justice
My Companion Judges of the High Court of Madhya Pradesh
Hon`ble Retired Judges of the High Court
Mr. Advocate General
Chairman State Bar Council of Madhya Pradesh,
President of the High Court Bar Association
President of the High Court Advocates Bar Association
Representative of Senior Advocate`s Council
Mr. Assistant Solicitor General
Learned Members of the Bar
My Dear Friends, Ladies and Gentlemen
When I Look at the Sky, in search of the shadow of Almighty God, I see the Fountain of Blessings, incessantly flowing downwards on the Earth, upon those who seek to perform their duties with humility and sacred purity. As a firm believer of God I strongly believe in the prescription of the Holy Sacrament of the Godliness, in the entire Life Span of Humanity.
May We call the almighty God by any Name and give any Shape & Colour to its Holiness, the Light of its Bright Rays guides us throughout the Journey, in quest for searching the Truth in Life and seeking Justice as Good Children of God.
The Almighty God has bestowed upon Me, an entirely New Responsibility of Administering Justice and bringing Harmony in the Sour Relationship of Litigants. I hope and trust, the almighty God, would give Me “Insight and Foresight” to perform this Pious and Noble Duty.
I am fortunate to have deeply connected with a variety of Individuals in My Life and I am proud to be their humble Friend, Relative and Colleague, as they all had bestowed their utmost support and confidence in Me, during the periods and moments of adversity and joy in My Life. On this occasion of Changing Robes, I express My greatest Regards to My Reverend Teachers and Gurus, My Older Relatives and Colleagues and Love to My Dear Friends, My Wife and My Son, without whom I would not have lived the Life so Naturally, as I could do, while sharing My Accomplishments and Sorrows with All of them.
I Hope and Trust that in performing this New Assignment, My Dear Friends, Relatives and Fellow Lawyers would extend their fullest Support to Me and Guide Me throughout My Journey as a Judge, while presently enjoying and celebrating this moment as “Our Collective Achievement”.
My Parents had taught Me many things in Life and the foremost amongst them was to be “Impartial to All” and “Kind to the Weak” as they always believed that “All Men and Women are Born Free and are Equal”. I hope their Blessings from Heaven would always strengthen Confidence in Me, in treading on the Path shown by Them to Me and the Generation of their Times, in finding the True meaning of Life.
The System of “Administration of Justice” is passing through a Challenging Time and the Citizens of the Country have Great Hopes and Expectations from The Judiciary, of bringing about the Stalemate in Order. I would make sincere Endeavour of coming closer to the Expectation of My Countrymen and would keep the Flag of Justice furling with Glory.
I express My Gratitude for the kindness bestowed upon Me, by the Hon`ble Chief Justice and the Hon`ble Judges of the Collegiam of the Supreme Court and the Madhya Pradesh High Court and am Thankful to all those Great Personalities, who have Contributed in Critical Development of My Personality & Professional Life.
I am Thankful to all the Hon`ble Speakers, who have placed Me in high Esteem Today, although I feel humbled in sharing with You All, that I am not worthy of such Adoration.
My Heartiest Thanks to Each One of You, who has spared His Valuable Time for Witnessing this Moment, by Attending My ‘Swearing In’ Ceremony Today.
Thank You Very Much.
Jai Hind.

No comments:

Post a Comment